Trials and tribulations of an American English teacher in rural Japan. Do you know how many blogs JUST LIKE THIS there are? Quite a few. It'd probably be best to skip this one.

Monday, October 09, 2006

琵琶湖

I went to Lake Biwa a couple of weeks ago. Here we see the hapless foreigners attempting to windsurf. Every few seconds, someone would fall spectacularly into the water.



When I tried, I managed to give myself a softball-sized bruise the very first time I fell. I'm special like that. Don't let that tranquil water fool you. Bulbous and menacing rocks lurk beneath every gentle wave.

I woke up before 7:00 the next morning because of that delightful thing known as the "hangover." I sat reading Harry Potter and drinking Gatorade until the nausea/headache passed. Then I took some pictures.





So, yes. Majestic Lake Biwa. Home to the Kayak Nazi. And various other wildlife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home