Trials and tribulations of an American English teacher in rural Japan. Do you know how many blogs JUST LIKE THIS there are? Quite a few. It'd probably be best to skip this one.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

ツアー

I got to go on a tour of the area the other day. I couldn't really understand the actual contents of the tour because of all the, you know, JAPANESE, but at least I have some pictures.

Some famous rocks of some sort. I think there's some legend about turtles associated with them. Um...blue?


A stone Buddha. You know, I was going to try and think of clever captions, but I guess there's not much you can say about Buddhas. Er...his head is huge?


You can't tell in this picture just how big these things are. They're BIG. Each one was going at a pretty good clip to produce energy for the town.


The view from the wind power station. I think this is about the highest point you can drive to in the area.


The age distribution in the town. Notice that my age range is the smallest, except for those who are 90+ years old. Every day I see about five or six old ladies shuffling along in the middle of the road with their walkers. Due to poor nutrition, their spines are curved 90 degrees. Though luckily, subsequent generations won't suffer the same fate. Things like watermelon and decent beef may cost at least $20, but at least they're still available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home